1. --Program is jointly run by the Departments of Labor and Education; each carries half its funding.
2. Figures in parentheses reflect a programwide negative subsidy.
3. Not all programs in this category are listed; items shown do not add to total.
4. Administered by the Department of Health and Human Services.
5. Administered by the Department of Labor.
6. Youth Activities combines Summer Youth Employment and Training and Youth Training grants.
7. Administered by the Department of the Interior.
8. Included in appropriations for the departments of Veterans' Affairs, Housing and Urban Development, and related agencies. The National Science Foundation and the Corporation for National Service function as independent federal agencies.
SOURCES: Departments of Education, Interior, Labor, and Health and Human Services, National Science Foundation, and Corporation for National Service
Vol. 20, Issue 19, Page 25