One Pay Plan at a Glance
Under an agreement reached last fall between the Robbinsdale Federation of Teachers and the Robbinsdale Area Schools, teachers who begin work in the suburban Minneapolis district after July 1 will be eligible to earn up to $15,000 in additional pay by submitting a "performance portfolio" to a six-person review committee. The skill-based pay will be added to each teacher's base salary annually for five years. Teachers will repeat the process every five years. Up to 25 teachers hired before July 1 also can choose the new pay system.
Teachers can choose from the following categories in compiling their portfolios. To receive the additional $15,000, teachers would need to score 100 points.
- Certification by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (50 points)
- Evaluation by principal or supervisor (20 points)
- Record of past accomplishments (20 points)
- Participation in district projects (20 points)
- Knowledge of content areas (10 points)
- Contributions to teams (20 points)
- Recognition by professional organizations (10 points)
- Customer-satisfaction information (10 points)
SOURCE: Robbinsdale Area Schools.