President's School Construction Plan Debated
The stories are familiar to school administrators: gaping holes in school roofs, crumbling walls etched with lead paint, heating systems that don't work, and other serious structural problems that have become commonplace in many districts.
Other educators talk of endless rows of flimsy portable classrooms hauled in to deal with overcrowding, or "multipurpose" rooms that serve as cafeterias, gyms, libraries, and assembly rooms...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY