Published Online: February 5, 1997
When Minority Test Scores Drop
- Read the Maryland State Summary and Maryland Data from Quality Counts, our special report on the condition of education in the 50 states. Read our story "Achievement Gap Widening, Study Reports," Dec. 4, 1996. For background, past articles, and related Web links, see our Issues Page on Assessment. See our story "SAT, ACT Scores Up, But Racial Gaps Remain," Sept. 4, 1996. SAT defined. Read our story "SAT-Prep Programs Seek To Give Disadvantaged Students a Leg Up," Dec. 4, 1996. See our story "Barbara Sizemore Stresses Test Preparation To Help Poor Black Children," March 13, 1996.
- Read a summary of the Success for Every Student Outcome Data and SAT scores by school from the Montgonery County, Maryland Public Schools Web page.
- See the Educational Testing Service in our organizations listing.
- See the College Board's announcement detailing SAT Performance for 1996 high-school graduates. Scroll down to see Table 6: Average SAT Scores for Ethnic Groups, 1987 and 1996
- See the U.S. Department of Education's chart showing "Average SAT scores of college-bound seniors, by race/ethnicity: 1976-95."