'Sesame Street' Incorporates Theories on Cognition
A new "Sesame Street" season usually brings some updated themes, perhaps a new Muppet or two, and cameo appearances by a fresh band of celebrities.
For the venerable show's 27th season, which began last month on the Public Broadcasting Service, its creators have made some changes that are less conspicuous, but equally important from an education standpoint.
To make the show more responsive to the way children learn, the "Sesame Street" staff consulted the work of Howard Gardner, the Harvard University professor known for his...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA