Coalition To Develop Rating System for Video Games
With the threat of Congressional action looming, a coalition of video-game producers and retailers announced plans last week to develop a system for rating games for violence and mature themes.
However, the industry's united front evaporated later the same day, as representatives of the two largest game producers--Nintendo of America Inc. and Sega of America Inc.--traded jabs during a Senate hearing over the violence level...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA