Bush Plan Asks Young Americans To Help Out 'Where the Want Is'
Vice President George Bush, the Republican Presidential nominee, last week unveiled a proposal aimed at encouraging high-school and college students to participate in community volunteer efforts.
Youth Engaged in Service to America, or yes, would be a federal challenge-grant program designed to build upon existing youth-service programs and spur the creation of new ones, the Vice President said.
Mr. Bush outlined the plan in an address to the Sacramento Comstock Club, a business and civic organization, saying the federal government would provide $100 million to be...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations