Proposals for Academic Achievement
Following are the preliminary recommendations for improving student performance from Chicago's education summit:
By 1993, the Chicago Public Schools will attain the following performance targets:
- 50 percent of the students achieving above the national norm on a standardized test.
- Reduce dropout rates by 5 percent per year.
- Increase average daily attendance by one percentage point per year.
- Reduce failure rate by 10 percent.
- Every school must have appropriate improvement on the above goals from the baseline with which it starts.