Click It: A Web Roundup
This interactive Web site helps students prepare for spelling tests and quizzes. Teachers can add word lists to the Spelling City site, where students can access them by the school’s or teacher’s name. Students can also enter their words manually by typing them into a series of text boxes. Once a complete list has been added, there are three options to test, teach, or review the words. Spelling City also provides immediate feedback with a progress report, designed to motivate students to learn. For visual and verbal learners, there are 10 kid-friendly exercises that integrate spelling lists into games, such as crossword puzzles, word searches, and word-matching drills. In total, Spelling City has more than 42,000 words in its database. The site also applies to strict child-privacy standards, so parents can feel comfortable allowing their children to sign on and tutor themselves on spelling.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA
- Speech Language Pathologist (Pool Position)
- Cincinnati Public Schools, Cincinnati, OH
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Italy
- TEACHERS NEEDED
- Polk County Schools, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, FL
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy