Click It: A Web Roundup
Who knew solving math problems could end world hunger? Free Rice is an innovative Web site that promotes education while working to end world hunger. The concept is simple: Visitors to the site are presented with a multiple-choice question. For each correct answer, 10 grains of free rice gets put in a bowl, which is then donated to the United Nations Food Program. Students can brush up on a variety of skills and subjects, including vocabulary, math, geography, or foreign language, all while generating donations of rice to the international relief effort. Since the site launched in October 2007, Free Rice has fed more than 2 million people worldwide.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Language Arts
- St. Vrain Valley School District, Longmont, CO
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong
- Principal - Middle School
- School District of Lancaster, Lancaster, PA
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Italy
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy