Bits & Bytes
School Principals' Practices on Social-Networking Sites
A recent report from edWeb.net, School Principals and Social Networking in Education: Practices, Policies, and Realities in 2010, shows how involved principals are in social-networking sites vs. teachers and librarians and how they see such sites working to improve schools.
Principals Were Less Likely Than Teachers or Librarians to Have a Social Network
Question: Social networks are growing rapidly in popularity. Are you currently a member of or have you ever joined a social-networking website like Facebook, MySpace, Ning, LinkedIn, or one of the social-networking websites created for educators (e.g., We Are Teachers, edWeb.net, etc.)?
An Overview of Principal Awareness of Social-Networking Websites
Vol. 04, Issue 01, Page 16
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief of Human Resources Officer
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- Chief Inclusion Officer
- Ithaca City School District, NY
- K-12 Head of School
- TIE, Switzerland
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- Licensed Teachers 7-12 **Now Offering $2,000 sign-on Payment**
- Youth Villages, Bartlett, TN