Bits & Bytes
School Principals' Practices on Social-Networking Sites
A recent report from edWeb.net, School Principals and Social Networking in Education: Practices, Policies, and Realities in 2010, shows how involved principals are in social-networking sites vs. teachers and librarians and how they see such sites working to improve schools.
Principals Were Less Likely Than Teachers or Librarians to Have a Social Network
Question: Social networks are growing rapidly in popularity. Are you currently a member of or have you ever joined a social-networking website like Facebook, MySpace, Ning, LinkedIn, or one of the social-networking websites created for educators (e.g., We Are Teachers, edWeb.net, etc.)?
An Overview of Principal Awareness of Social-Networking Websites
Vol. 04, Issue 01, Page 16
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Italy
- Principal, Highland Springs High School
- Henrico County Public Schools, Henrico, VA
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Windham Path Academy, Willimantic, CT
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA