This site works to connect generous donors with educators in need of technology products. After setting up a detailed lesson plan, teachers add wish-list items, such as digital cameras, overhead projectors, and interactive whiteboards, to their accounts. Then, corporate and individual donors shop around until they find a cause they want to support.
Once a wish is granted, Digital Wish verifies the wish by contacting the school administration. Each donated item is shipped directly to the school as soon as a payment is processed. In addition to acting as an online charity, the site offers educators ideas on independent fundraising campaigns and grant-writing efforts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Practice Associate – K-12 Math
- The Education Trust, Washington, DC
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- Superintendent of Schools
- North Shore School District, Nassau County, NY
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong
- Transformation/Turnaround K8 School Principal
- Avant Garde Academy, Kissimmee, FL